It was in December 2014 when Kirill Konshin, Head of Information Technology at IBG Insurance Company, came to our office and told us about a ton of problems facing him. He had to set up a new IBG website. He had content, a clear idea of the future website structure, and expectations of a no-nonsense modern style.
We found common ground.
IBG is a Russian insurance company with 58 regions in its footprint and 20 years in business. The company’s liabilities amounted to over 68 trillion rubles in 2015. Originating from our native city of Voronezh, it has achieved the status of a federal company with "A" credit rating (by NRA).
After a thorough analysis of the problem we identified 9 types of unique pages that would cover all the needs of the future website. And then we designed them.
1. PRESENTING THE INSURANCE COMPANy
Working together with Kirill and the company top management, we identified the major types of information that communicate the company’s current vision.
- A promo block presenting the company’s priority services which determine its market positioning.
- Three key options for website visitors (placed next to the logo): for corporate clients, private clients and general information about IBG.
- A couple of news items. An insurance company website is not a news portal; we have to showcase its services. Yet, it is important to show that the company has news, that there is dynamics.
- Message of the CEO, who has been on the list of TOP250 Russian CEOs since
2013, according to the General Director magazine.
- A list of objects insured by the company with easily accessible profiles of each of
- The company’s key customers and partners.
- IBG’s mission.
- The website header and footer with quick links to the pages relevant for the site visitor.
Interactive page elements help quickly provide digestible chunks of information to the visitor without him leaving the page. Or they can surprise the visitor, just like the abbreviation IBG slowly coming up from behind the mountains in the company mission block.
2 & 3. DEMONSTRATING THE COMPANY PORTFOLIO AND INFORMING ABOUT ITS SERVICES
This is a runner-up for the title of the most important site page. The company portfolio includes reconstruction and development of airports in Vnukovo, Yakutsk, Ufa, etc., federal motorways and other major facilities across the country.
To demonstrate these objects we developed a promotional page based on photographs
of the objects and concise and informative facts and figures. This allows the visitor to grasp the company's focus and scale of activity in no time.
4. TELLING THE COMPANY HISTORY AND SHOWCASING ITS ACHIEVEMENTS
For the page with general information about the company and its achievements we developed two information blocks filled with infographics. This saves the visitor’s time because such information is very digestible. And as we all know, the modern website visitor is usually pressed for time.
5. SHOWING who is BEHINd THE COMPANY’S SUCCESS
The insurance company is led by people who have a strong reputation in the financial industry and a solid track record. Each of them is given special attention on the "About Us" page.
6. TELLING THE NEWS
7. ENSURING A HASSLE-FREE WAY TO GET IN TOUCH
8. COMPLYING WITH THE LAW
By law, an insurance company must provide public access to a certain set of documents - its Articles of Association, reports, licenses and others.
9. PROVING COMMITMENT WITH FACTS
The "Insurance Settlement Payouts" section demonstrates to the visitor that the company fulfills its obligations. Here they will find descriptions of loss events, place where they occurred, dates, and amounts of insurance benefits paid out.
And if you are to get lost, isn’t it best to see some scenic mountains around?